header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NUX Avatar What do you think?
[Image: kKGq5Yc.png]

[Image: KylpUQR.png]

What do you think of the NUX Avatar (New User eXperience) it's a fully modelled mesh body and head. Head and body are separate and feet are not paddles anymore. Mesh body creators are going to be so mad. It has not been released yet. I'm not sure if the female body will have multiple feet like many mesh bodies are like. 

So what's your opinion I would like to hear about it?
postbit slot
I think its about time LL upgrades the default avatar. 

The Secondlife forum, discussing NUX avatar made me think back in time, when the first mesh "liquid" started to replace the horrific Second Life standard sizes. Which again was a step up from the non mesh aera.  In my opinion. 

Qarls meshdeformer would have done the job without all these mesh body creators developing  mesh bodies and later one filling pockets for yearsø
The meshdeformer " The most notable feature of the deformer is how it addresses the complaint of mesh clothes forcing users to make their avatars conform their shapes to the outfits." - it would have been implanted in the default avatar, if the Lab would approve of this update around 2012 - 2013. 
Again, my opinion.  And a reflection about how things could have been done and out of line with the subject in this thread. 

So - indeed an upgrade for the user experience and since SL seems to be a very snobbish place to be when using the default avatar and the wardrobe you can get hold of for that avatar system. 
No only seem to be snobbish  - I myself wrinkle my nose when seeing my default feets! (and indeed others)
Bishop - you mention paddles. What a great description for that bodypart! 

The new avatar will be fullmesh and Bento rigged.  Bom. A library with clothing for the avatar

AND - the dev kit will be available for creators who wish to make content for the new avatar... 
this is here the money can be found for the mesh body creators. - change line of branch and start make clothing. Or continue, just in case the new System Avatar isnt in everones liking. 

- what do they mean by available for creators ? do people need to fill in Real Life info, including bloodtype, line of genepole and whatnot to apply ?
yeah, I'm pointing at some meshbody makers requests for being able to get dev kits for their bodies. 
I hope its available for everybody. 

lets see when this body is getting a real thing and not just something talked about. 

I dont think anybody will suffer from losing income.  Its New User Experience. 

I am also interested in opinions of the NUX. 

sources I have used for improving my memory:
Secondlife Forum
Qarls mesh deformer jira
Qarls  meshdeformer blog

Guide

Rules

It's a welcome change as default LL avatars are so damn ugly even after the mesh upgrade.
I think it will improve the appearance of new avatars - as in - new users or users that are coming back to SL after a long hiatus and have not updated their avatars to modern head/body options.

However, I do not think that this change will benefit SL users that have already invested in modern head/body options, unless creators rally behind these new LL provided options.
NUX looks promising, for not having noobs be so ugly for their first several months while they wait for SL spending limits to climb.
I would not however trade that out for the photo realistic HD bodies and skins you can buy today. Its only money and given the hours of entertainment I get from SL its cheap at twice the price compared to, buying books, movies at the theater, and any number of other activities almost none of which are free.