header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To proxy or to VPN, that's the question ๐Ÿ’€ :)
If you do not set the MAC and ID0 everytime per account before you login. SL will associate your accounts together. And they will be subject to the same ban. Because SL remembers all logins.
postbit slot
(04-21-2021, 02:45 PM)heiwashu Wrote: If you do not set the MAC and ID0 everytime per account before you login, because you forget to do it. SL will associate your accounts together. And they will be subject to the same ban. Because SL remembers all logins.

Oh, I think that now I understand you! My fault! Tyvm, Heiwashu!
So, what you have sent to programmers is the possibility to each avie has automatically its own MAC and it own ID0 as soon as the program recognizes the name entered in the logging screen, and always the proper one for each of them?
ยกWow, what a comfortability! Tyvm!
Yes, my code manages every avatar automatically, to make sure there is never a mistake made by the user.
(04-21-2021, 02:53 PM)Fannie Wrote: [..] So, what you have sent to programmers [..]

ย not sent, but shared :

https://forum.copybot.club/Thread-Login-Spoofer
ย 
ย 
Guide

Rules

(04-21-2021, 02:21 PM)heiwashu Wrote: If you just want to keep your main account out of trouble. I would not worry about your IP, as this is a rare ban.

I would be more worried about your MAC and ID0 hash.

Darkstorm and similiar viewers only allow for one MAC and ID0 to be used in the entire viewer which is dangerous.
This can lead to a ban of all alt-accounts if you do not manually manage this.

I submitted code for developers to implement a auto-managed MAC and ID0, but nobody has implemented it yet.
* https://www.meshvault.net/8BIS83LU771K/n...r.zip.html

Actually, this is a common mistake most users make.

Anytime you have logged onto secondlife . com for any reason and logged into your account, your IP and computer details have been recorded, you can go to ipleak.net and everything it shows is everything LL has recorded about you by default and probably a lot more than it shows, so, unless your alt was made under a vpn and never accessed any LL web / viewer content except while under the vpn, they can trace you back to all your accounts if they wish to.

Now, if like you put the mac & ID0 are different and have never been used for anything but that alt, then a user could argue if they in a country that only uses dynamic IP addresses that it was someone else, or LL may lookย  and think it not worth the hassle to explore, but then again, sharing accounts is against LL's ToS, so you could get banned for that if they think your account is compromised.

So bottom line is, always think what you have done with the account as well as the viewer before doing naughty things Smile

EDIT 22 04 2021
since i have edited haiwashu's post which is containted in this post,ย 
i have edited the quote.
nails.
What you say is technically possible, if they are hell bent to ban all your accounts (But then you probably messed with a Linden on a very personal level).
Which in reality doesn't happen, their protocol is just to ban people based on MAC and ID0, occasionally based on IP address but that's as far as it goes.

Also according to a GDPR request I read they do not gather any other login information, it may be possible they secretly do.
But if they do, they will not ban people based on this secret information, because than it would become obvious they are hiding information from EU users, which is legal hot water.
(04-22-2021, 05:21 AM)heiwashu Wrote: if they are hell bent to ban all your accounts (But then you probably messed with a Linden on a very personal level).

May be.
In my particular experience, LL can do whatever they want with you without having to explain to anyone. Maybe I may tell you all my original story elsewhere on the forum.
So it is not that I fear their usual injustice, but simply doing something that, without my realizing, catches their attention and ends up being the object of it once again.
Thank you for your kind help.