header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to rant a bit -
It is sooooooooooo frustrating when I can't find a preview of an item anywhere.

Last night I was unpacking stuff from like, Easter still and have a fatpack of skins from Velour but I can't find a preview anywhere. Am I just supposed to *remember* what it looks like? This is from Easter. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night and I'm just supposed to remember what it looks like? 

frustrating. no image included in the item unpacker and not on their flickr and not on the marketplace. ugh.
i'm a hunt whore and a gacha glutton.
simple as.
postbit slot
I might be of assistance.

This is how I've done it in the past it may not be acceptable anymore or even tolerated. I'll give you a few options and you pick the best one that suits your situation. 

⚪ You could use the way back machine if that Flickr page had been archived you could get a copy.

⚪ You could resize the face texture to a size that are form likes and just use that as a preview.

⚪ Why not make an unofficial preview image mimicking the style and branding of how Velour makes their ads.

⚪ Having the power of hindsight rip all the UUIDs from the in-world ads that you are using as a preview image for your post.

⚪ If any of these 3 Velour ads are the ones you are looking for I have them already, and Bishop is super big brain where when I use my full potential I become incomprehensible to the average person so I have to dumb down my wording choices so they understand me. This is a joke at my expense to properly explain and disclose it.

[Image: aFyeD31.png]

4871c0ad-6f47-2c0b-4ffc-b9ee8fe72462
57f868e7-61be-9899-4cae-6528fec13557
a51f17c2-5c8e-657f-8517-944e06cbccfb
(08-22-2023, 05:25 PM)Bishop Wrote: I might be of assistance.

This is how I've done it in the past it may not be acceptable anymore or even tolerated. I'll give you a few options and you pick the best one that suits your situation. 

⚪ You could use the way back machine if that Flickr page had been archived you could get a copy.

⚪ You could resize the face texture to a size that are form likes and just use that as a preview.

⚪ Why not make an unofficial preview image mimicking the style and branding of how Velour makes their ads.

⚪ Having the power of hindsight rip all the UUIDs from the in-world ads that you are using as a preview image for your post.

⚪ If any of these 3 Velour ads are the ones you are looking for I have them already, and Bishop is super big brain where when I use my full potential I become incomprehensible to the average person so I have to dumb down my wording choices so they understand me. This is a joke at my expense to properly explain and disclose it.

[Image: aFyeD31.png]

4871c0ad-6f47-2c0b-4ffc-b9ee8fe72462
57f868e7-61be-9899-4cae-6528fec13557
a51f17c2-5c8e-657f-8517-944e06cbccfb

I forget about the way back machine!! I'll have to look around it tomorrow and see if I can find it. 

And yes, hindsight is a real bitch lol. I don't know where it when I got this fatpacks in particular but I'll have to see if can rip preview images. I'll have to make an actual alt for that though bc despite me spoofing viewer I still am super paranoid. An alt is good to have anyway. 

But unfortunately no, the one I am looking for is none of those. Always good to have image archive of them though if they can't be found.
i'm a hunt whore and a gacha glutton.
simple as.